Who doesn't love food on a stick. Our French Toast Kabobs put a new twist on a old favorite. This is the perfect food for a brunch buffet or any special occasion. Add your favorite fruit to give your guest an experience they'll remember.
FRENCH TOAST FRUIT KABOB RECIPE
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
1/2 - Loaf of Texas Toast
3 - Large eggs
1/2 - cup milk
1 - teaspoon vanilla
¼ - teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 - Stick of butter
* Assorted Fruits: blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, bananas
* Bamboo skewers
* Maple syrup
1. Cut bread into 2 inch pieces and set aside.
2. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow
3. Over medium-low heat, add butter to a skillet or griddle.
4. Coat bread pieces with egg mixture and place on heated pan.
5. Cook for about a minute or until the bread is golden brown, then turn to cook the second side.
6. To assemble spear pieces by alternating french toast bites and fruit onto the bamboo skewers.
Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup with maple syrup